In Zwelli.com you can have a shaped image placeholders that you can fill with your own images and the image will be “cropped” by the shape.
There are several reasons why you may want to use the fillable shapes, such as:
- You want the image to be cropped in a specific shape (as in the example with the hearth-shaped image).
- You can upload multiple images that need to stay in predefined positions in a layout, such as a collage.
- Avoiding that the images overlap each other.
Using the fillable shapes on your products
This is fairly simple:
- Go to Tools > Pre-designed Templates and pick the product where you wish to add the shape(s);
- Zwelli.com offers you two possibilities:
- Upload your own, or
- Choose a shape from a library of hundreds of pre-loaded shapes (see image below)
- Once you have uploaded/chosen the shape, make sure that Use as fillable shape is checked;
- Use Shape Settings to allow your customers to:
- Move, Rotate, Resize, and/or Delete the shape; The Mandatory to Edit option forces the customers to upload an image in order to be able to buy the item;
- add a stroke to the shape;
- Move, Rotate, Resize and Stretch the shape;
- Move, Rotate and Resize the image that they upload in the image (they’ll be able to accommodate the image in the fillable shape as they prefer);
- Duplicate, Mirror or Move Forward/Send Backword the shape.
Also, you can set the shape to be (6) Always on top (which means that all other elements in the design will stay behind the shape) and make it as a (7) Printable element (which means that you can decide whether the shape will be included in the print-ready files or not).
How to create a Fillable Shape
The fillable shape can be:
- a SVG file with only one path tag with only data (d) attribute
- a PNG file with the shape on a transparent background
- a PNG file with a black shape on white background